Julian Winters is the best-selling author of contemporary young adult fiction. His debut, Running With Lions (Duet, 2018), won accolades for its positive depictions of diverse, relatable characters. A former management trainer, Julian currently lives outside of Atlanta where he can be found reading, being a self-proclaimed comic book geek, or watching the only two sports he can follow—volleyball and soccer. How to Be Remy Cameron is his second novel.
Fun Facts about Julian:
* He grew up in upstate New York. No, not the City. His knowledge of the city is minimal. His knowledge of small towns and shoveling snow is vast.
* He loves bananas, peanut butter, and cheesecake — but not all at once. Or maybe?
* His favorite books include Darius the Great Is Not Okay, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, What If It’s Us, Whatever, They Both Die At the End, Anger Is a Gift, Noah Can’t Even, Not Your Sidekick, The Hate U Give, Check Please!, Odd One Out, Six of Crows, and many, many more. But don’t ask him to pick just one.
* If anyone asks, his favorite movie is the Breakfast Club. His actual favorite movie is Weekend At Bernie’s, but don’t ask why.
- He loves all kinds of music but his go to is Indie Pop and anything ’90s. Do not ask his opinion on the 1975, Haim, or POP ETC—it’s very strong and very positive.
* He started writing because he couldn’t find enough books/media that featured people like him. He also started writing because that’s not the way Saved By the Bell should’ve ended and fan fiction made sure he changed that!
* His Harry Potter house is Ravenclaw. Some people say he’s a Hufflepuff. That is the extent of his HP knowledge.
- He is neither Team Marvel or Team DC, as readers will find out in every one of his books.